HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
H4S is back - 37.187.176.102:27972 slots will be increased if theres activity
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Take mp_destruction out of the rotation?
Yes
35%
 35% [ 6 ]
No
65%
 65% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 17
Links
Rapid Official

RTCWX Project

Viva La Revolution

Online server list

Server list fix

RTCW in Xfire/OCW

Maps

Tram Design

Spawnpoint of View

RTCW Petition

Fight Spam
H4S GT
H4SDM GT

Share | 

Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
^Wh4t3v3R
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Anyone knows how/whether RtCW was distributed or spread otherwise in the oriental (chenese/japanese/etc) and arabic language zones? Have you ever known for instance a chinese clan or server? Or seen a 100% arabic or cyrillic RtCW site with more info than just an offer to buy the game?

Just wondered.. Smile tia

View user profile http://www.shizl.nl/rtcw/
sswolf
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm

I knew 4 vietnamese players also iranians, russians, serbians and many bulgarians but in the past, when RTCW was widely played, now not really.

View user profile http://h4s-rtcw.forum-pro.net
PinkFloyd

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:13 am

The original CD comes with so many languages, almost all languages. But anybody who knows some reasonable English will choose it during installation, most probably.

Even the very few remaining Iranians, Serbians, and Polish players use English. Some Germans still use the German interface.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain_Ali

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 am

oh gosh we are at the minority
Back to top Go down
View user profile
^Wh4t3v3R
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:18 am

PinkFloyd wrote:
..anybody who knows some reasonable English will choose it during installation, most probably.
Sure Pink, but I also know many russians read english as good as I read russian.. But I also can imagine for instance quite some ppl from the east won't have had english education enough to understand websites (about superb games that still live after 10 years)..
About the RtCW interface I know that spanish and polish were also hot picks in the past, and even voice packs and such. And informational websites in english can easily be translated to 'more or less' understandable text for these people.

But ever tried to translate longer texts to chinese, japanese or arabic language and asked someone what you really wrote afterwards? I mean for me it's just hoping I'm not offending anyone with something like this..
عودة إلى قلعة ولفينشتاين

Edit: And besides language barriers, also political filtering and local selling/distribution points can have isolated whole countries 100's times as big as mine Embarassed which maybe also has to do with the fact that in 2001 many people did not even own a pc or internet. (Yeah I had this dream again about dragging whole continents to RtCW.. Maybe has to do with my holiday to Africa soo and my fantasy to drop 100 cdroms with the game between the Malinke and Susu people. Including mapdownloader.. Smile )
(Hahah I won't.. But did think about it. Hey we need to do sómething aight!?)

fredw
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:07 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:
Polish

I don't think there ever was a polish version, i only know fanmade translations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
^Wh4t3v3R
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:36 pm

And wtf is this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7VPMw0qW4o&feature=relmfu Very Happy

Edit: Oh its SP..

PinkFloyd

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 am

It is too difficult to translate from/into certain languages, especially if they are rich with synonyms, eponyms and such etymological stuff. Take for example the 3 Arabic words in your post, Whatever....Wolfenstein is written in a way that mimics hybrid pronunciation of the word according to German/English salad.....but if you take the American way of pronouncing it, you'll get a totally different Arabic script.....so, many words can be written as anything and all that anything is correct, but translators can't cope with these languages.

Wolfenstein can be pronounced as VolfenShtayn, Wolfensteayn....each is written differently...

If not going English, we'll need a UN translator Smile

@ Fredw, Polish is one of the genuine installation language....Dupolina (from Gdansk) uses it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain_Ali

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:10 am

pinki, i've heard that there is 40 words for "date" (fruit) depends on how much it is ripe and also heard read there is also 70 words for "sword" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fredw
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:45 am

Never heard of that Polish version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PinkFloyd

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:39 am

fredw wrote:

option 1: go to Dupolina's GT profile and watch the language. Polish. It is there on his game interface and the few screenies he has posted.

Option 2: email Dupolina and ask him...or Inflameous or maximus or...they all are Polish friends....you must know them, or heard of their nicks at least ...First 2 nicks are admins of the Polish clan aka [EQ]

Option 3: try a fake install of the original CD, and at the "language" options, you'll see Polish. Siema, mate Very Happy

@Ali: hahaha..possible...I only know one word, thought .....lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
^Wh4t3v3R
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 am

PinkFloyd wrote:
synonyms, eponyms..
..etymological
Err.. Basically you're saying I promote vegetables on my homepage? Neutral

PinkFloyd

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:03 pm

^Wh4t3v3R wrote:
PinkFloyd wrote:
synonyms, eponyms..
..etymological

Yes you are promoting veggies Very Happy

lol, no, the game is not all about headshots, jumping, tweaks and such stuff, but people get to know each other a bit, and they exchange some stuff Cool

Sometimes players become real friends...bah...you know that ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fredw
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:12 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:
fredw wrote:

option 1: go to Dupolina's GT profile and watch the language. Polish. It is there on his game interface and the few screenies he has posted.

Option 2: email Dupolina and ask him...or Inflameous or maximus or...they all are Polish friends....you must know them, or heard of their nicks at least ...First 2 nicks are admins of the Polish clan aka [EQ]

Option 3: try a fake install of the original CD, and at the "language" options, you'll see Polish. Siema, mate Very Happy

Maybe he translated it himself? It's not difficult. And the language options on the CD apply only to the installer i think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain_Ali

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:
^Wh4t3v3R wrote:
PinkFloyd wrote:
synonyms, eponyms..
..etymological

Yes you are promoting veggies Very Happy

lol, no, the game is not all about headshots, jumping, tweaks and such stuff, but people get to know each other a bit, and they exchange some stuff Cool

Sometimes players become real friends...bah...you know that

i belive in it too I love you
i like firendship as much as my brothers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..   

Back to top Go down

Wolf in big 100%unreadable language zones..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1